Sriram’s musical training began at the age of 3 under the guidance of Late Padma Subramanyam. He went on to master his techniques in violin under the tutelage of the Late Vijayalakshmi Kulaveerasingam and the Late Valambigai Rajagopalan.
He completed his first Carnatic violin performance under the guidance of Guru Padma Raghavan in 1998. Ever since then, he has performed both as a solo artist and an accompanying musician for a many dance recitals, productions, music recordings and concerts. His violin journey traversed beyond the borders of Malaysia and traditional Carnatic concerts, a reflection of his dedication and discipline.
Sriram holds a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management. Asides work, he has always dedicated his time for music; untiringly passing down his profound knowledge to his students in the Klang Valley.
Through passion and discipline, Sriram has emerged as established violinist with remarkable merits, recognized by the lay and experts as an excellent artist.
He dedicates his music to his parents, family, music lovers and God Almighty.
Some of his key productions and performances include:
- Aham Brahmasmi – Violinist for a Bharatha Natyam production by Hema Nandini, a leading Bharatha Natyam dancer in Malaysia.
- Samarpanam – Violinist for a Bharatha Natyam production by Dr Prema Thiyagarajan, Department of Dance, University Malaya, a leading Bharatha Natyam dancer in Malaysia.
- Anthar Agni – Violinist for a musical tribute to the sacred fire within us – A production authored and lead by TFA Singapore’s Nawaz Mirajkar and Renu Suresh – Toured Singapore, KL and Penang, performing at the Victoria Concert Hall Singapore, KL Temple of Fine Arts and Dewan Sri Pinang.
- Accompanied Vishaal Sapuram – A Chitravina artiste – An A Grade All India Radio Artist – 2017
- Samarpan 3 – A tribute to Ustad Allah Rakha – By Nrityam Arts – 2017
- Super Singers 5: A Musical Journey Through Time – A fund raiser for Secondary School Building Fund – Featuring the Singers from Vijay TV’s Super Singers. June 2017
- Intoxicating the Blue Lord by International Bharathanatyam Soloist Mavin Khoo – A work that delves into the transcendental spirit of Lord Krishna. An event which was graced by the Sultan of Perak. – October 2016
- Symphony for Sai – Violinist for an orchestra comprising of 50 members from all over the world – Performed at Puttaparthi in conjunction with World Youth Festival – July 2016
- Samarpan 2 – A tribute to Ustad Allah Rakha – By Nrityam Arts – 2016
- Lipstick – Celebrating Womanhood : Awareness on Rape – By TKI – 2015
- Thiagaraja Fusion Concert – by Sugam Karnatika – 2015 (A Fusion Concert involving 3 Vocalists and 8 Instruments)
- Skantha Pushpam – An offering to Lord Muruga – Dance Drama – by Ratna Uma Dance Studio (A Dance production involving 50 dancers)
- Navarasa – A Musical involving 9 instruments and 3 vocalists – by Swara Sisters – 2014
- Lipstick – Celebrating Womanhood : Awareness on Domestic Violence – by TKI – 2014
- Lalgudi Illuminates – Natya Rajyam, Regal Dance Theatre – 2013
- Silappathigaram – by Asthana Arts – 2013
- An Adoration: Ganga – by Mystic Creations – 2011
- Panchabootha – Temple of Fine Arts 2009
- Ninnai Charan Adainthen Kannamma – Temple of Fine Arts – 2009
- Part of the orchestra as lead melody for more than 200 dance and vocal productions
- Part of the band as lead melody for more than 200 fusion concerts